Tuesday 1 January 2013

End Of May Mitts

IMG_2464

I knit these beautiful mittens for my sister Lilia for Christmas this year. I've had this pattern for years and am so glad that I finally got around to knitting it. The results speak for themselves. These mitts are so sweet and Lilia loves them! 

Ravelry project page here

IMG_2469

I made a few very minor mods to this pattern, first off I didn't sew down the lining as the pattern suggests. I opted to knit my lining in a bright turquoise shade and really liked the way it was rolling in on itself and added a pop of fun colour to the mitt, so I just let it do it's thing. I also opted to use 3 contrasting colours: Midnight, Grape and Plum on a background of Sand. The flower motif on the back of the mitt made it really easy to decide where to switch colours.  

IMG_2465

Happy New Year to everyone! 2013 is shaping up to be a big year for my family. I cannot wait.